Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What Is Your Job?

So this morning I wanted to follow the challenge from yesterday...however...I'm still not a 'get up' early morning person. So a stayed in bed, quoted some scriptures I know from memory, spoke with our Loving Lord about them then finally got up and got ready for work.

I was in the bathroom and noticed the sink needed to be cleaned. I got a tad bit frustrated about this as it seems I am the only one in this house who knows how to clean the sink.

Then I noticed it.

I noticed the empty wastebasket next to the sink. I had not emptied it. In fact, I rarely empty it. Dear hubby almost always empties it.

I almost always clean the sink and he almost always empties the trash. Teamwork. We complement each other. We each have our jobs and they are not the same jobs but they are both important jobs nonetheless.

What job (teaching, benevolence, ushering, cleaning the worship center, others?) are you always doing for our Loving Lord where you wonder why no one else does that job? What job are you NOT doing for Him that someone else always has to do? Will you decide today to quit complaining about what you are obviously gifted to do and instead find those who do what you don't want to do and thank them for being in His service?

Matthew 20:26-28 (New International Version)
26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yep, I'm there for you. My DH and I definitely complement each other. Stuff that I sometimes complain about in my head I realize are just "my part". Thanks for sharing.

Susan