Sunday, December 30, 2007

Is Your Clean-Out Clogged?

It happened again. It's been probably two years since we got it fixed the first time and now it has happened again.

Our plumbing clean-out got clogged. The clean-out got clogged so the drain water from the washing machine had no where to go except back into the house. The pipes were clogged with built-up particles that do not belong in drain pipes.

We had a clogged drain pipe and things get trapped and backed up and over flowed into the house.

So of course we had cleanup to do. Part of the backup flowed into the kitchen sink and made the dirty dishes dirtier and the sink looked like a dirt pit. More carpet got wet as well as the ceramic tiles in the kitchen.

The buildup created a backup that resulted in a much needed cleanup. We had to have the plumber run an auger into the clean-out and through the pipes so that the bad stuff could flow out and the dirty water will not impact our home any more.

The clean-out is similar to our minds. We need to keep our minds clean and flowing with the pure Word of God. When we listen to the world, we clog our mind and His truth can not permeate our beings. When we are filled with falsehoods instead of being filled with His Spirit and truth, eventually those falsehoods backup and overflow into our lives and the lives of those around us. If we accept the relativism of the world instead of the truth of the scriptures, we will eventually share those ideas and concepts with others thus clogging their minds as well. If we don't keep our minds and hearts focused on our Loving Lord and His Word and His truth, we can be the cause of many messes in the lives of those around us. A clogged up soul will negatively affect your witness for our Lord.

What concepts of the world are you accepting as truth today? Abortion, alternate lifestyles, materialism, adultery, fornication, greed? Will you ask our Loving Lord to run His spiritual auger through your soul and expose what needs to be cleaned up in your thinking? Will you surrender to His truth and clean out the worldly influences in your thinking? Will you prevent the trap from getting clogged again by staying in His Word and in prayer?

Psalm 119:9-16 (The Message)
How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt. Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living. I'll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you've done it.
I relish everything you've told me of life,
I won't forget a word of it.

1 comment:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

oh no not again.... surely this is worth 100 devotionals...

on patiences, love, patiences, why's, patiences...lol

I have missed you.. I'm not on blogsville much these days... life is happening to me... smile

I love you and miss you
Connie

Happy New and Wonderful Year

I have a book that is a "MUST" read...

The Shack by William Young.. you will have to get it at Barnes and Noble or order through Amazon.com