Friday, January 04, 2008

How Do You Respond To What You See?

As I was driving to work, I saw a sticker on the car in front of me that read "Enter into the darkness" which I'm pretty sure was a satanic or witchcraft related sticker. Now my normal reaction to such stickers is something completely spiritual like "You stupid person. How dumb can you be?" Okay so that's not a 'holy' response, I know...but I'm human and real and that is exactly what I 'usually' think.

This time it was different.

I saw the sticker and thought ... Wow! That person needs to know my Loving Lord.

So the entire time that I followed this car, I prayed. I prayed for the Spirit of our Loving Lord to fill the car. I prayed that anyone riding in the car would be protected from Satan's influences. Then I prayed specifically for the salvation of the driver. I prayed that he or she would come to know the Lord's saving grace and would grow to love my Lord just as I do.

Then the driver turned right and I was no longer following that car. But I couldn't stop praying for the driver.

I may never know what happens in the life of that driver but I do know what happened to me. I 'saw the light' that I don't need to judge what I see ... I just need to take what I see to the foot of the cross and let my Loving Lord take it from there.

What are you judging today? How are you responding to what you judge? Instead of judging others or circumstances, will you take that person or that circumstance to our Loving Lord and let Him effect the change that needs to happen?
Numbers 9:8 (The Message) Moses said, "Give me some time; I'll find out what God says in your circumstances."


3 comments:

Susan said...

That's what happens so often when I see someone driving crazy...I start the judging. I've learned though to pray for that person and also those around him/her.

Great post.

:-) Susan

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

It is almost scary when it is blatent defiance. One thing when someone is ignorant but when it's a choice... and they profess it..

but I'm like you, I start praying... I say the Name of Jesus outloud like I'm in war.. Oh, we are...

great post as always...

check out an award I am sending your way once I git r done

love ya
Connie

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Hey sweet friend,

I have something for you at my place

Love ya
Connie