Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Are You Covering Your Splendor?

I seem to have my daddy's hair.


While I love my dad, I'm not so fond of my hair.


It's thin, fine, straight, almost non-existent hair. My mom has always had a head full of hair. Hair that you could 'do something with'.


The only thing I like about my hair is that, even at my age, I have very few gray hairs. What you see is my natural color. I don't color my hair.


Other friends of mine have had gray hair since their twenties and have colored their hair that long.


If you had a thing of beauty ... a thing of splendor ... would you show it off? Or would you cover it up?


The reason that I ask is because I came across an interesting verse this morning.


It makes me wonder if our Loving Lord thinks I've lived a 'righteous life' and it makes me wonder why anyone colors their hair.


I'll leave the rest of the wondering to you...



Proverbs 16:31, New International Version
Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.

No comments: