Friday, February 08, 2008

Are You What's Stopping The Flow?

At my day job we have those faucets in the bathroom where the water in the sink comes on automatically when you place your hands under the faucet.

Recently I noticed that quite frequently when I approach the sink the water comes on then I put the soap on my hands and lather well only to find that the water stops flowing so I can't rinse the soap off. So I pull my hands back ... and on comes the water. I move them back in and it goes off.

I feel like I'm on Candid Camera or something.

At home, our kitchen faucet also has a mind of it's own. Sometimes, rarely, you can turn on the water simply by lifting up the handle. Most times, you have to work with it to get it to come on. One way to get it to come on is to act like you are trying to prime the pump.

So again, you can lather up only to find that the water is not flowing.

I think sometimes those in ministry could feel this way. They start doing what our Loving Lord has called them to do only to find that the flow has stopped. The flow could be the funds to do what they were called to do. Or the flow could be the other people who need to volunteer their time to help. Or the flow could be the people who should be covering that ministry in prayer.

Are you what's stopping the flow? Is there someone in ministry that you should be supporting with your money, time, talents, or prayer? What's stopping you?

Nehemiah 2:17-18 (The Message) Then I gave them my report: "Face it: we're in a bad way here. Jerusalem is a wreck; its gates are burned up. Come—let's build the wall of Jerusalem and not live with this disgrace any longer." I told them how God was supporting me and how the king was backing me up. They said, "We're with you. Let's get started." They rolled up their sleeves, ready for the good work.

No comments: