Friday, February 22, 2008

Do You Dream?

I dream.

I mean I have vivid true-to-life full-color wide-screen filmstrips that run through my mind as I am supposed to be rejuvenating my body through REM sleep.

Sometimes my dreams are simple and realistic.

Sometimes my dreams are far-fetched fiction concepts that 'might' make a great novel ... if the story would just complete itself.

You see ... that's where my problem lies. Most of my 'great American novel' type dreams are not finished before the alarm goes off. For example, a few nights back, I had a dream that something we all use every day didn't really exist. This could have been the basis for a science fiction book. The only problem was, even though I spent much of my night 'exploring and discussing' this missing thing, when I woke up, I had no idea what 'it' was. I woke up before the dream was ... finished.

We all have dreams. Sometimes we can envision the whole concept of the dream. Other times the dream is sketchy. We know the framework but we don't know the whole story. Sometimes one of the main themes is unclear.

But we are in luck. We know the Dream Giver and He knows all the details. He has the plans and abilities to see our dreams through to completion. There's only one catch. Your dreams have to line up with His.

Will you give your dreams back to the Dream Giver? Will you trust Him to fill in the gaps in your dreams? Will you see Him daily to ensure that your dreams are truly what He wants for you?

John 16:23b-24 (The Message)
23-24"This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!


2 comments:

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." Joel 2:28

I have had some very wonder and profound dreams that have come true...

do you believe that God speaks to us through dreams? just wondering...
I don't think it's like an everyday thing... but on occasions.. I hear Him, experience Him....

Curious to your thoughts...

How are you my dear and wonderful friend

Love you
Connie

Connie@Little Red Hearts From God said...

Been thinking about you and wanted you to know that...

Hope you are doing ok.. or better than ok...

I love you my friend...

Connie