Saturday, September 20, 2008

Are You Growing As You Should?

Baby gifts. How fun!

I have a baby shower to attend next weekend for a cousin on dear hubby's side of the family. As I was shopping for family necessities today, I found myself in a store where the mommy-to-be is registered. I checked the list and it had some interesting items on it but....I wasn't excited about any one thing in particular. So I perused the baby aisles. I looked a clothes, toys, bottles, all the usual suspects in baby shopping. :-)

Then I got inspired and knew what I was looking for. So I headed to that aisle and carefully picked up and put back item after item after item until I found just the ones I was looking for.

As I looked at these items, I had to keep in mind the actual recipient of the gift. The soon-to-be newborn child. I had to remember that, when she is born, she will only be zero months old. She will not be ready for items that are marked "18-24 months". Nor will she be ready for "9-12" months".

Does that mean I can't buy those? No. It just means that if I had picked out the ones for the older infants, she would not be able to use them for a while. So I compromised. I bought an item that can be used almost right after she is born and another one that she may have to grow into.

The Word of our Loving Lord has a message that fits you no matter where you are in life. If you are a newly born-again believer ... welcome to the family ... there is a message that fits you within the pages of scriptures. Encouraging words that will help you find your way in this new life. If you are young in the Lord, there are supporting passages that help you get up on your feet and start to run the race set before you. If you consider yourself mature in your spiritual walk, there are verses that will challenge you to your very soul and keep you moving until you reach the end of your journey.

Little Lesson Life Expression
Will you do a size check today? Will you see if you are still drinking spiritual milk from a bottle when you know you are ready for the rich meat of the Word? Will you seek our Loving Lord's direction on how to dig deeper to find the rich food for your soul and then share the gems you find buried with the others around you?

Psalm 27:3-5 (The Message)

3 When besieged,
I'm calm as a baby.
When all hell breaks loose,
I'm collected and cool.
4 I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.
5 That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

No comments: