Monday, September 15, 2008

Will You Lift Your Paw For Food?

Tigger and Tiger, my two cats, always have food available to them. Delectable kitty cat food provided in a continual feeding system that holds about five days worth of nutrition. At the bottom of the feeder is a small tray. This is where they actually ‘feed’.

I have noticed lately that the tray is often ... empty. But. But! But…they are not out of food. When this tray gets empty, Tigger and Tiger often sit nearby, stare at me, and wait for me to ‘understand’ that they are out of food. It’s as though they are saying to me, “Get with the program woman and give us more food.”

All they need to do is stick their paw in the back of the tray area and move some of the food in the holder then food will cascade down and fill the tray with enough for a kitty-cat feast. Or…all they need me to do is shake the holder and the food will tumble down. I have sat with each cat and demonstrated for them how easy this is to do for themselves. But they don’t get it. They just want me to keep their tray filled so they don’t have to lift a paw.

How often do I do this to my Loving Lord? I see His Word sitting there, full of nutrition, full of food for my spirit. What do I do? Do I lift my hand and turn the pages? Or do I just wait for the next radio preacher to come over the airwaves and shake my soul?

Little Lesson Life Expression
What about you? Are you enjoying the continual feast that He provides or are you waiting for someone to feed you? Will you choose this day to reach in and grab the food that is readily available to you? Or will you go on starving yourself refusing to lift your own ‘paw’ to bring the food close to your heart?

Psalm 119:15-16 (KJV)

I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will
delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

1 comment:

Wayne Godsmark said...

Wow- what a powerful comparison.I think I'll get off this internet and go read my Bible.

Love You
Keep Writing and Speaking
Your Biggest Fan