Monday, October 06, 2008

How Does Your Light Shine?

Someone 'got it'. They really got it. When I started writing Little Lessons from my Loving Lord, I prayed that people would get it. That people would start to see the little lessons that are revealed to them as they go about living their lives...and that they would start sharing their own insights with others.



Yesterday, I received an email from dear hubby's dad...who is a faithful reader. My pa-in-law shared his own little lesson. Now I'm about to share it with you...basically in his own words, slightly modified...



"Every Sunday at church, being the back seat Baptist we are, we always sit it the same seat. Well, it's not because it's 'our seat', it's just there and I take the offering each Sunday and that's where they always put the collection plate.

That's not it either ... I like to sit on the back row.


Anyway, the area we sit in has been somewhat dark...that was until they just completed some remodeling by installing a new wall behind us. As I said, it was always a little dark. There has always been light, however it's been out. Well, now they have fixed it and it shines right down on me.


Now I can't go to sleep when the preacher delivers his sermon!!!! 'cause now he can surely see me and could think I am not listening !!! LOL!!! Just a joke unless you ask my wife how many times she punches me in my ribs during the sermon.


Then it got me to thinking...God's light is on us every day of our life here on earth and it's up to us how His light shining on us is reflected to others around us every day. I recall the song we sang in Sunday school:

'This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine, I am gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel - NO! I'm gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel - NO! I'm gonna let it shine, Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."



Little Lesson Life Expression

Are you reminded that everyday we reflect the Light to others around us as a witness? What does the light reveal about who you are as a person and how what others might see in you? How is your lite shinning today ? Will you shine bright everyday for Him?"



(Thank you Dad H.!!!)


Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message) "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to
open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

No comments: