Thursday, October 09, 2008

What Can You Remember?

It was to be a zoo. Or perhaps a jungle. Monkeys, flamingos, lions, and, of course, tigers. I was to be a tiger. So chosen in tribute to my own two cats Tigger and Tiger. And perhaps in honor of my high school mascot from all those years ago.

It was actually crazy hat day at work. All of us leaders were wearing animal hats and either animal print shirts or camouflage. I had looked the previous weekend for a shirt to buy but didn't find anything that I liked. The night before crazy hat day I had planned to go to Wally-world and see if they had something camouflage in the sporting goods but....I never left the house that night.

So then it was zoo day, ah uh, crazy hat day and I had one question...what to wear with my tiger hat? Perhaps a solid brown shirt. I opened my closet to look. Suddenly I saw it and remembered. I saw my tiger-like print shirt that I have had for too many years to even try to remember.

Our Loving Lord does that for us. He provides the answers we need right when we need them. We make our plans. We think we will figure things out for ourselves. But when we come to the end of our selfish thoughts, He is faithful to be there reminding us of what we may already know.

Little Lesson Life Expression
What will you do when you have a need? Will you rely on your own thoughts and ways? Or will you rely on our Loving Lord to provide your need in His time?

John 14:26 (Amplified Bible) But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.


No comments: