Monday, January 05, 2009

Are You Afraid Of Movement?

Tiger, my boy cat, loves to come in the bathroom with me. He loves to move around through my ankles showing affection and wanting attention. I pet him and sometimes pick him up and we cuddle and have "purr-time". When "purr-time" is over, I put him down and he rubs up against my ankles again. As soon as I make the slightest movement that indicates I'm about done, he runs away. As long as I'm sitting still, he stays as close as he can. However, if he thinks I'm about to move, he leaves.


I wonder if this is how we are with our Loving Lord. As long as we can come to Him on our terms, we "cuddle" Him and stay close. We stay in our comfort zone. But what happens when we see Him start to move? Do we get anxious about what our role might be in His movement and run away? Or do we stay close and see what He might be getting ready to do? Do we get excited that we might be part of His plans?


Little Lesson Life Expression
As you draw close to our Loving Lord today, will you ask Him to reveal to you what His plans are for your life? Will you look to see when He is moving in situations around you and join in? Or will you run away afraid of what He might be doing that may cost you your time or your money? Are you willing to miss out on potential blessing because of your fear? Will you release that fear to Him today?

1 Corinthians 12:6 (Contemporary English Version)
and we can each do different things. Yet the same God works in all of us and helps us in everything we do.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post!!! And, yes, I do think we are like this with our Lord sometimes--unfortunately.

Hugs,

Susan