Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do You Have A Capital I In The Middle?

While Pastor Gregg was preaching Sunday, as usual I was taking notes.

My penmanship is not that great. Be glad you are reading this on-line and not in a handwritten journal. You might not be able to read my writing.

As he was making that point on slave to sin versus slave to righteousness, when I wrote the word 'sin', even I couldn't read it. So I rewrote the letter "i" in the middle of the word. I rewrote it as a capital I. So my paper read "Slave to sIn".

Do you see it? I've probably known it in the past but I've never actually seen it. At least not that clearly.

... Right in the middle of sin ... is a big capital ... I.

When everything in my life centers around me, I'm more likely to fall into the enemy's trap. I'm more likely to sin...to be a slave to sin.

Little Lesson Life Expression
Is your focus on you making your life focus on sin? Will you change your focus today? Will you focus on our Loving Lord and let Him 'deliver you from evil'?

Galatians 5:16-17 (New Living Translation)

16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Amen and amen!