Sunday, January 04, 2009

Will You Read And Follow The Directions?

Tired of cold cereal and breakfast bars ... and needing to reduce the sugar in my diet ... I decided to have oatmeal for breakfast. Instant oatmeal. Brand new box. I got out the bowl and read the directions on the box. And reread the directions. Then I opened the box ... and ... I ... read the directions on the individual packet. The directions gave me some choices like use either milk or water and that if I wanted thicker oatmeal I could use less liquid.

That's when I realized it.

The directions did not change. They were the same each time I read them on the outside of the box and they were the same inside and outside the box. I had some choice in how to apply the directions but the directions themselves did not change.

Our Loving Lord has provided us with directions for life. You can find them in the Bible. And whether you read your Bible at home or at church, the directions never change. Just like with my oatmeal, you have some choices of how to live out the directions. You can't change the directions but you can choose how you apply them. When you "make a joyful noise" for our Loving Lord you can choose to sing hymns or you can choose to sing scripture songs. When you "go ye therefore and teach all nations", you can do that face-to-face by going as a missionary or you can be a pen-pal with someone and share Christ through pen and paper or email.

Little Lesson Life Expression
What directions are you following today? Are you using your Bible as the direction book for your life? How are you applying those directions in your daily life? Will you make a decision today to make the best possible choices so that the way you live will show our Loving Lord to those around you?

Proverbs 11:14 (The Message)
Without good direction, people lose their way; the more wise counsel you follow, the better your chances
.

No comments: