Monday, February 09, 2009

What Is The Road Less Traveled?

In the last 10 days I have found out that Little Lessons has just a hand-full of readers...Rick, Rose, Connie, and Anonymous, all who responded on the website and Laura who emailed me directly. Although I really thought Little Lessons had more readers, I will still follow my Loving Lord's direction and write these lessons as I see them happen around me.

So what did the road less traveled with no Starbucks mean to me? One thing I see is this: Along the road of life we encounter the "everyone is doing it" philosophy. We are tempted by peer pressure. However, I think we are expected to be different. To take the straighter, more narrow road. The road with less options for variation. To be sanctified which means to be set apart. We don't need the things of this world. We can enjoy things like relationships but we have to look in the Word to see how to relate. We can enjoy having financial blessings but we need to follow Biblical principles in how we use that money.

Little Lesson Life Expression
What road will you take today? Will you choose to blend in with the world and go with the crowd or will you choose to take a different road using the Bible as your road map and our Loving Lord as your guide? Will you be set apart from this world and thereby spread His light for other to see the way to Him?

Exodus 34:8-9 (The Message)

At once, Moses fell to the ground and worshiped, saying, "Please, O Master, if you see anything good in me, please Master, travel with us, hard-headed as these people are. Forgive our iniquity and sin. Own us, possess us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey did I miss something?- was their a survey? I really love reading Little Lessons. They are inspirational, down to earth and often right in my face. I don’t know how big your reading audience really is, but if you touch one person, it’s worth it all (that’s what my mom once told me). But really it does not matter if you reach anyone, as long as your obedient-that’s what the Bible really says
1 Samuel 15:22 B To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

Thanks- Keep writing--Wayne
________________________________________