Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Song Are You Chosing?

Tonight after cooking supper and washing the pots and pans, I surfed around on Facebook and passively watched American Idol.

On AI the contestants all had to sing Michael Jackson songs. I've never been much of an MJ fan. I did like the song Ben. (Does anyone remember that one?)

So I was not surprised to hear the judges say over and over, "That was just not a good song choice for you." How can the contestants pick 'good' songs from a less than great repertoire? (Don't throw things at me...I know many people do like MJ...He's just not in my favorites.)

Living in the world we often try to pick our life song from the list the world has to offer instead of the list the Word has to offer.

Little Lesson Life Expression
Where are you finding your inspiration? Are you looking others that appear to be great or are you looking to the One that knows you better than you know yourself? What song are you singing? Are you singing what the world is playing or are you singing the special song that our Loving Lord has written just for your life?

Psalm 146:1-2 (The Message)
Hallelujah! O my soul, praise God! All my life long I'll praise God, singing songs to my God as long as I live.

Proverbs 15:15 (The Message)
A miserable heart means a miserable life;
a cheerful heart fills the day with song.




No comments: