Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Are You Responding To The Call?

I have a friend that is very special to me. She walked with me through some very rough times. I haven't heard from her in ... years.

I call her every year on her birthday. She doesn't answer the phone. I leave a Happy Birthday voice mail. She does not call me back.

I miss her. She lives too far away for me to pop in for a visit. Lately I've really wanted to have one of our chats. She always seems to know how to help me keep things in perspective whether we are talking about work, church, marriage, kids, or whatever.

I don't know why we've lost touch. I don't know if I did something or said something that hurt her. Or perhaps she is just too busy for 'old' friends....life gets that way sometimes. Or worse yet, if something has happened to her where she doesn't have the strength to communicate. I pray it's not that.

No matter what, she is special to me and I miss talking with her.

You are special to Someone too! There is Someone that wants to talk to you every day. Wants to hear from you throughout your day.

Little Lesson Life Expression
How long has it been since you 'called' our Loving Lord just to chat? Is He calling out to you just to get your 'answering machine'? Are you returning His calls? Have you been hurt by another believer so you are giving Him the silent treatment? Why not call out to Him right now and let him know your hurts and disappointments and reconnect with One who loves you no matter what? ... He already knows your thoughts anyway :-)

Psalm 66:16-20 (Contemporary English Version)

16All who worship God, come here and listen;
I will tell you everything God has done for me.
17
I prayed to the Lord, and I praised him.
18If my thoughts had been sinful, he would have refused to hear me.
19But God did listen and answered my prayer.
20Let's praise God! He listened when I prayed, and he is always kind.

No comments: