Friday, September 25, 2009

Are You Appreciative?

My male cat, Tiger, loves to be petted ... on his own terms ...

When he wants to be petted, he comes and sits on the floor by my legs and just stares at me.

And stares at me.

He stays put and stares with full expectation that I will understand his desire and that I will statisfy that desire by picking him up and petting him in his favorite places, one of which is just under his chin.

Once I put him back on the floor, if I have met his need, he will stay and rub his furry body against my leg. It's his way of saying "Thank you!" He can not reciprocate so all he can do is let me know he appreciated it.

Aren't we like Tiger in two ways?

First, we seem to come to our Loving Lord on our own terms. And when we do come to Him we often just sit there and stare up at Him and say "Come on, I'm here. Meet my needs!" This is not really a good thing, is it?

Then we are like Tiger in that our Loving Lord has given us His very best and we have no way to fully reciprocate what He has done. The best we can do is give Him back our best which pales in comparison to the price He paid for our salvation.

Little Lesson Life Expression
How are you coming to our Loving Lord? Are you only wanting Him working in your life when you want/need him to or are you daily dying to self and letting Him work His will in your life each and every day? And how long has it been since you tried to show your appreciation for what He has done for you? Will you take a few minutes to say "Thank you" via a sincere prayer and then show your appreciation for Him by sharing Him with someone today?


1 Chronicles 28:9 (Amplified Bible)
And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed, and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind. For the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever!




No comments: