Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is Your Light Artificial or Natural?

Remember the plant I told you about?

It finally died ... completely.

So dead I just had to throw it away. I knew I could not bring it back this time. It was gone.

When I realized this, I looked around at its surroundings and realized that the only light it had was artificial light. No direct natural sunlight and it was a creation that needed sunlight.

Little Lesson Life Expression
What light are letting into your life today? Are you relying on the the artificial light of the world and trusting in worldly things like money, politics, or relationships? Is that light keeping you from growing into who you could and should be? Or are you relying on the natural LIght of the world by staying in the Word of our Loving Lord? Are you letting the Bible provide the nourishment that comes from the Son? If not, why not start today?

Psalm 119:105 (New International Version)

Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sharon, such a short few words... such powerful meaning for me this morning! Thank you!