Saturday, September 05, 2009

What's Inside Of You?

As we walked through the store yesterday, I saw a wall plaque that read something like: "Inside me lives a skinny person who is screaming to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies."

Ah yes! That's me for sure... except I shut mine up with Skittles!

So it got me thinking...of course...what's the Little Lesson my Loving Lord would have me learn from that funny little sign that caught my eye.

Perhaps:
Inside me lives a writer who is screaming to get out. I can usually shut her up by spending time playing games online instead of writing.

Or:
Inside me lives a great cook screaming to get out. I can usually shut her up by hiding the cookbooks and eating dinner out.

Or:
Inside me lives a great warrior for our Loving Lord screaming to get out. I can usually shut her up by focusing on me instead of Him. Focusing on my wants/desires instead of His will/way.

Little Lesson Life Expression
What person lives inside of you and is screaming to get out? What does our Loving Lord want to do in and through you that you are preventing by shutting up the person inside that is screaming to get out? How do you fill in the blanks "Inside me lives a ________ screaming to get out. I can usually shut him/her up by _________" Will you let that person out to do the work of Christ today?

Colossians 3:23-24 (Amplified Bible)
Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah).







No comments: