Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Are You Using A Care-Now Faith?

We were discussing doctors. The others were talking about our local walk-in, no appointment necessary, clinics called "CareNow". I was speaking of my personal physician.

We spoke of the differences.

One friend said that her son calls "CareNow"..."Care Later" since most people in this area use web check-in then sit a home and wait and wait until they get a call to come on into the clinic thus getting to wait at home instead of in the waiting room and therefore they get care later not now. :-)

With my personal doctor, I get an appointment time and am usually seen within 10 minutes of that time if I indeed get there on time.

Another friend said that she and her family doesn't get sick often enough to need a family doctor. CareNow works just fine for them. I responded with how thankful I am that my personal doctor, if the unexpected comes up, he knows me and knows my medical history.

Of course that got me to thinking...

I wonder how many people think that they are healthy enough spiritually that they don't need a regular church home. They think they can visit one here or there, now and then, and if anything urgent comes up in their lives, they'll just pop in to a "care-now" church and get some spiritual treatment. Do they even know what they are missing by not having a regular church home, a church family, to share the victories in their lives as well as the struggles?

Little Lesson Life Expression
What about you?

Are you using a 'care-now' kind of approach to your corporate worship? If so, will you check out a good Bible teaching church nearby and start this Sunday worshiping our Loving Lord with a body that you can soon call your personal church family?

Or are you already developing a personal relationship with a solid local body of believers? If so, how are you ministering to those in your body? Do they feel that they have a 'church family' or 'care-now friends'? Who, in your local body, will you reach out to this week?


Hebrews 2:11-13 (The Message)
Since the One who saves and those who are saved have a common origin, Jesus doesn't hesitate to treat them as family, saying, I'll tell my good friends, my brothers and sisters, all I know about you; I'll join them in worship and praise to you. Again, he puts himself in the same family circle when he says, Even I live by placing my trust in God. And yet again, I'm here with the children God gave me.





No comments: