Monday, August 29, 2011

What's In Your Faucet?

Recently, I was cleaning my kitchen sink when I noticed the sprayer by the faucet had some kind of build-up on it. I don't use the sprayer all that much. I guess it was build-up from the chemicals in our wonderful city water. 


Anyway, I took my sponge and wiped the holes on the sprayer. Then I scrubbed them. And yet the residue remained.


So I turned on the hot water and let it run through the faucet. When I moved the sprayer under the running water from the faucet, the remaining residue just seemed to vanish.


Water washed water (residue).


The water outlet that had a cruddy build-up needed water to cleanse itself. Of course it couldn't use the water from within itself to cleanse itself. It needed water from a nearby source.


Our Loving Lord used this to remind me that we can't cleanse ourselves of the crud we let come into our lives. Oh, we can start the process. We can make some good choices to remove some bad stuff that we let get caked up on our minds and our souls. But we can't do it completely alone. 


We need each other!


Sprayers filled with crud need faucets flowing with clean water. Our crudded up sprayers might be bad habits, spiritual misguidance, poor choices, or many other things. The water from the faucets might be a one-on-one conversation of accountability, a note sent in the mail, a phone call, a listening ear without a talking mouth, a shared scripture verse, or even a confrontation or intervention that helps the sprayer realize how much crud is there preventing the free flowing of their spiritual water into other people's lives.


Little Lesson Life Expression
Are you a crud-filled sprayer or a cleansing faucet? If you are the sprayer, will you place yourself in the cleansing flow of an accountable faucet near you...or find one through a local church if you don't know of someone who can help you clear the crud? If you are the faucet, is your water turned on? Are you available to those who need the cleansing assistance that you can provide? 



Ezekiel 16:9 (AMP)

Then I washed you with water; yes, I thoroughly washed away your [clinging] blood from you and I anointed you with oil.

Ephesians 5:26 (AMP)

26So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word,
   

No comments: