Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Which Necklace To Wear?

In my day job, I manage a great group of people. One of my responsibilities as a manager is to provide one-on-one monthly feedback. Usually this is very easy as my team does their job very well.

One morning I was getting ready for work and picking out the jewelry I would wear that day. It was a one-on-one day. I reached for a necklace and grabbed two at one time. One was a cross. The other was a heart. The necklaces were intertwined. As I unwound them, I tried to decide which to wear that day. 

A heart or a cross.

That month I had some difficult discussion planned. Some of my team members needed to step it up. I wasn't sure how they would respond. Would they argue or would they accept? Would I communicate well enough to help them improve where they were weak? 

My necklaces reminded me that I needed to communicate with a heart and I needed to trust my Loving Lord to give me the words to say. The cross reminded me my strength comes from the Lord and through His strength and compassion I could both say the right things in the one-on-one and coach these individuals to success.

In my strength alone, I would have failed.

Little Lesson Life Expression
Is the cross your strength? Is your heart showing the love our our Loving Lord? Is the cross intertwined with your heart?

Psalm 145:8 (AMP)
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and abounding in mercy and loving-kindness.


No comments: